BETTERDRIVE TRANSPORTATION NETWORK COMPANY LIMITED
WHO WE ARE
BetterDrive engages in the provision of prearranged transportation services for compensation. BetterDrive does not offer transportation services; rather, we offer services for the information society. The business aims to offer these services by connecting drivers using their vehicles with passengers via an online-enabled application or platform, such as a mobile app.
Data is any information that is easily available to us, whether it comes from our users, data analytics, machine learning, or other automatically created sources by our platforms, allowing us to better serve our users and satisfy their unique demands.
We may gather information through the following means:
- On this website.
- In electronic messages you send to this website via email, text message, or other means.
- Using the desktop and mobile programs you download from this website, which offers specialized interactions with this website that are not browser-based.
- If our applications or advertising contain links to this privacy statement when you engage with them on third-party websites and services.
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
DATA WE COLLECT DIRECTLY
Here, we’re talking about the information that our users have provided to us (Personal and Sensitive data). Personal data is any information that enables us to identify specific people. Names, birthdays, gender, age, addresses, emails, phone numbers, social media handles (if relevant), and other information are among these. We also get sensitive data via e-payments made through our platform, which provide us access to information such credit/debit card numbers, financial account numbers, and other details that come to our attention in this context.
Additionally, we get information when people contact us directly through any of our customer care service channels or or such support requests made through our phone, email, website, social media pages, or post to ask general questions or talk about our services, and such other additional information obtained from our users from all communications through our platforms.
We may also be privy to the following information:
- Records of your communication and a copy of it (including email addresses) when you contact us.
- Your answers to any surveys you may be asked to complete for research
- Your Website search requests
DATA WE GENERATE AUTOMATICALLY
- Directly from you when you give it to us, such as through information forms that can be located on or accessed through the Website.
Automatically by installing cookies while you use the website.
From outside sources, such as our business partners.
DATA INFERRED FROM TECHNOLOGIES FOR AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION.
- Information about your visits to our website, such as traffic information, location information, logs, and other communication data, as well as information about the resources you access and use there.
- Data pertaining to your computer and internet connection, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
This information is obtained from third parties and other identification/ identifier services, including financial institutions or e-payment processors, information from public/government databases, statistics on the number and types of web pages viewed by visitors to our platform, and any BetterDrive online advertisements that our user(s) may have clicked on to access our platform(s).
Although the statistical data we automatically get is anonymous and does not contain any personal information, we may keep it and combine it with personal information we obtain from other sources or that we obtain ourselves. It enables us to, among other things, better manage our Website and provide a more individualized level of service.
- Determine the demographics and usage trends of our audience.
- Save information about your choices, enabling us to alter our website to better suit your preferences.
- expedite your searches and remember you the next time you visit our website.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
The information gathered from our user(s) “YOU” will only be used for the following purposes:
- To ensure the continuous iteration and efficiency of our Platforms for your usage by enhancing features and content on a regular basis.
- For the registration of new users and the management of our users’ accounts on our platform;
- To ensure the accuracy of data provided to us by our users;
- to provide critical information as well as promotional and marketing content with our users who opt in;
- to be legally compliant with the regulatory requirements
- to communicate board policies that we are currently bound by and that we may be bound by in the near future in our provision of services to you and other users;
- to answer to requests and information on account balances, withdrawals, dates, and other inquiries on the individual and corporate accounts of our users;
- to identify, monitor, document, and address instances of fraud, cyberbullying, money laundering, and other inappropriate uses of internal and external screening methods on our website.
- to fulfill legal obligations, such as abiding by court orders, legitimate discovery requests, legitimate subpoenas, and other necessary legal procedures;
- To the extent needed by relevant law, we will make sure to seek your consent or the appropriate legal basis before processing your information for any additional uses that we hadn’t identified at the time of collection.
LEGAL REASONS WE COLLECT DATA
We collect data for the following reasons:
We may occasionally need sensitive information from our users in order to provide them with better services and to comply with our regulators. When such information is necessary, we will formally ask our clients to share it by submitting a consent form, which they can accept or refuse.
Users who have given us permission to use their data may revoke that permission at any time by emailing us at [email protected] It is important to remember that the withdrawal of consent will not invalidate any processing that has already taken place.
Performance of a Contract
In order to fulfill contractual duties with or on behalf of our users in the provision of our services or to take action at their request prior to the entry of a contract, we may need your data.
When responding to a legitimate request from a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body, or agency, as well as when there is a statutory or regulatory requirement to do so, we may process your information. We may also do this in order to defend against legal claims, as well as to look into, prevent, or otherwise address situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, illegal activity, suspected fraud, or violations of our Platform terms.
When it’s required to safeguard a vital interest for your life, health, or physical safety, we may process your sensitive and personal data. Please note that this basis is narrowly defined and will only apply in life-or-death situations, such as when We need to manage an emergency medical case involving You but We haven’t gotten your consent (because You are Physically or Legally Capable of Giving It) or have any other Appropriate Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data. If you expressly decline consent, we won’t rely on this premise (unless you are not competent to do so).
We may process your information in order to maintain social peace and social order, or where it is required for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or to fulfill a public mandate imposed on us by regulatory bodies, such as anti- embezzlement, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, cyberbullying, gender violations, or other issues of public interest.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
Here is something we have not told you yet; because we have responsibility of determining how the Personal Data of our clients may be processed, we are therefore will be regarded as a data processor and controller.
As a data subject, the law vests certain rights on our users. These right include:
- Inspection of the Personal Information we process, as well as, if necessary, the right to request the erasure of any Personal Information that is wrong or incomplete, a restriction on how we may use it, or the right to object;
- Transferring your personal data to a third-party service provider you’ve chosen, directly or by giving it to you in a readable manner.;
- The withdrawal of consent previously given to the processing of personal data; d) You have the right to contact us with any complaints you may have regarding privacy-related matters. You have the option to file a complaint with the national authority in the Member State of your primary residence if you are dissatisfied with our response to your query or complaint.
- You can refuse to have your personal information used for direct marketing.
- Request the erase of your Personal Data (also known as the right to be forgotten); and
You may seek to exercise any of the above rights at any time by sending us an email at: [email protected]g. In addition, we would treat your complaint within thirty (30) days, if we are unable to resolve it and require more time, we would inform you promptly.
For the purpose of this policy, the supervisory authority is the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) and the complaint can be send via email at email@example.com.
Cookies and Web Beacons
When you visit an online site, a web server sends a little text file called a cookie to the browser on your computer, smartphone, or any other device that can connect to the internet. Websites frequently utilize cookies and other similar technologies to function properly and to gather data about user preferences. We simply refer to all of these technologies as “cookies” for convenience. We employ three different types of cookies: strictly necessary, functionality, and analytics.
Web beacons, also known as single-pixel gifs or electronic images, are another tool we utilize on our online channels to distribute cookies. As a result, when we send you emails, we may keep track of actions like who opened the emails. This enables us to assess how well our email and newsletter campaigns are doing. Please review this cookie notice.
Every registered user on our Website and Mobile Application has a unique personal profile which gives only you the ability to access your profile. When you register as a user, we may require certain requisite information at the time of account creation, such as full name, gender, email address, and telephone number. We use these details to create your profile. Your username and password (your login details) are your passport to seamlessly use Our Platform without having to fill out registration forms with information you’ve already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won’t have to re-register – just use your login details to identify yourself. By signing this agreement, you guarantee that any information you provide to Us will always be true, correct, and current. Web beacons are tiny, single-pixel gifs or electronic pictures that enable us to serve cookies on our online channels. Web beacons are also used in our mailings and emails. As a result, when we send you emails, we may keep track of actions like who opened the emails. This enables us to assess how well our email and newsletter campaigns are doing. Please review this cookie notice.
INFORMATION SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
Nothing to be concerned about.
To facilitate the functionality of Our Platform(s), and develop or supply our services, we might in some cases share your information with partners or third parties or such service providers. When we do need to share your information with third parties, we take precautions to protect it by asking them to sign a data processing contract with us that specifies how they must use the information we give them in accordance with this privacy statement and any applicable laws. We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- Your personal information may be shared or transferred in connection with, or during the course of due diligence or negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- If you give your explicit consent;
- If we must fulfill a contract on your behalf; IV. if there is a legal obligation.
- We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze how our Service is used;
We reserve the right to disclose Your Personal Data if we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to: Comply with a legal requirement; Protect and defend our rights or property; Prevent or investigate potential wrongdoing in connection with the Services; Protect the personal safety of users of our Service or the public; Protect against legal liability.
The rights, property, or safety of BetterDrive, our user base, or others may require that we reveal personal information. This may involve, but not be limited to, exchanging data with other companies and organizations for a variety of reasons, such as confirming your ride time.
SECURITY IS TAKEN SERIOUSLY
We have put in place safeguards to protect your personal data from loss and theft as well as from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All of the Personal Information you give us is encrypted using SSL technology and stored on our secure servers, which are protected by firewalls.
You are also responsible for the confidentiality and protection of your personal information. You are in charge of safeguarding any password we may have provided you (or that you may have chosen) for access to particular areas of our website. Please refrain from disclosing your password to anyone. We strongly advise you to exercise caution when disclosing Personal Information on the website’s message boards and other open forums. Any user of the website may view the information you share in public spaces.
Unfortunately, there are security gaps in the way that personal information and other data are transmitted via the internet. Despite our best efforts, we are unable to ensure the security of your personal information when it is transmitted to our website. Your own risk applies to any sending of Personal Information. Any privacy settings or security features on the Website may be circumvented without our knowledge and without liability.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent necessary to meet our legal duties (for instance, if relevant laws compel us to keep your data on file), resolve disputes, and uphold our agreements and policies, we will keep and use your personal data. Additionally, for as long as it takes for security and functioning, we’ll keep Usage Data on file for internal analysis.
Where we must transfer your personal data to another nation, we will make every effort to ensure that the transfer complies with all legal requirements. Please be aware that any information obtained may be treated in accordance with Nigerian laws, which may differ from the laws that apply in your place of residence, if you are visiting our website or Services from a location outside of Nigeria. If we must transfer your personal data to another nation, we will make every effort to ensure that the transfer complies with all legal requirements. Please be aware that any information gathered may be treated in accordance with Nigerian laws, which may differ from the laws applicable to you if you are visiting our website or Services from outside of Nigeria.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Links to other websites that are not run by us may be found in our service. A link from a third party will take you to their website if you click on it. We admonish you to carefully read the privacy statement on each website you visit. The content, privacy practices, or other policies of any third-party websites or services are beyond our control and responsibility.
Please don’t make this the last time you read it as we will post any changes on this page. Significant changes will of course be notified to you by email.